Thursday 23 September 2010

I am loving San Diego.

Didn't sleep much again and couldn't concentrate on going over my presentation so I walked down to the ocean and went for run along the sand. Pelicans, humming birds, surfers and someone snorkeling in the harbour being investigated by about 5 curious seals.  I dipped my hand in the Pacific and tasted the salt and looked across a thousand miles of water.

La Jolla (Pronounced La Hoyla) San Diego
Thanks to Russ and Ev for the pronunciation
I came back to the hotel and got a Facebook message to say that a colleague who had been ill for a number of years had died at the weekend. We had a lot good chats about science fiction and the meaning of life. He will be missed.

P.S.

For a more cultured title than the quote from "Madagascar" I  thought of this from "Snow" by Louis MacNeice



World is crazier and more of it than we think,
Incorrigibly plural. I peel and portion
A tangerine and spit the pips and feel 
The drunkenness of things being various.

No comments:

Post a Comment